Spring cleaning is a ritual that most homeowners find themselves tasked with annually. While some people enjoy the activity, others find it tedious and difficult. When attempting to sell your home, you may be even more wary, as such daunting tasks can cause added anxiety and stress. Here are a few tips on how to help get rid of your stuff:
- Look For Support. Friends and family are often great motivators for getting rid of clutter. Think about asking other people’s opinions on what should stay and what should go. If your in the process of selling you home, ask your Realtor. They have experience helping people prepare their homes for prospective showings.
- professional Help May Be Necessary. Sometimes the task may be too much for the homeowners to handle. So enlisting the help of a professional organizer could go a long way to quickly prepare your home.
- Consider Your Options. When you are actually ready to declutter, the question becomes: where should all the stuff go? Here are a few options to think about.
- Sell. Some things you may want to sell, such as antiques or collectibles.
- Donate. Clothes and furniture that you don’t use anymore may be better suited for others in need.
- Store. Consider getting a storage unit off-site, for the things you’re unsure of getting rid of.
- Trash. Some items you have stored have no value or are damaged. Throwing them away is a quick way to create much needed space.