Make Sure You’re (Really) Ready
– Can you see yourself living in the same town for
the next 5 to 10 years?
– Be prepared for the extra work that comes with
Create Your Home Wish List
– Check out different neighborhoods, home styles to
get a feel for what’s most important.
Figure Out What You Can Afford
– Determine the down payment amount.
– Calculate how much you’ll need in reserves for
maintenance and repair costs.
Gather Necessary Documents
– Last Tax returns and proof of employment.
– Bank and Investment statements.
– Compare fees charged and shop for loans.
– Get a pre-approval letter from the lender. Many
Sellers will not consider and offer without one.
Assemble Your Team
– Find a real estate agent you trust and
communicate well with.
– Ask a friend or family member for second
opinions as you go through the buying process.