Depending on your unique situation, there are several documents you’ll need when you apply for a home loan. The exact forms you need for a home loan depend on your situation. For example, someone who is self-employed will likely have to provide different forms than someone who is employed by a company.
Although the exact forms might vary, a lender can get a good sense of your approval odds by reviewing the following and running a credit check.
- 2 years of tax returns and W2’s
- Most recent bank statements, all accounts
- Most recent pay stub (minimum 30 days)
- If self-employed, 1099s and copy of business license
- Rental history or mortgage statement
- Divorce Decree or separation agreement
- Explanation of any inquires on credit report
- Drivers License